Our emphasis on curriculum, low student-teacher ratio, and practical experience ensures that NCMT graduates are meticulously prepared for their future careers. Our instructors have first-hand experience from the real world in the subjects they teach. Our current administrators hold Bachelor’s/Master Degrees with over 46 years of experience in education. Our instructors total over 34 years in teaching massage therapy.
Our instructors share a commitment to:
- support your personal success;
- seek excellence, constantly assessing our curriculum and policies;
- provide a laser-focused, career-based curriculum;
- recognize the inherent goodness and wisdom of each human being;
- build a community of mutual respect where all can trust that college life is approached with positive intent and balanced with open and clear communication;
- serve as stewards of the traditions of massage and the resources of medical research;
- value all persons and seek to learn from their diverse experiences and perspectives;
- practice intellectual honesty and live with integrity;
- maintain a clear understanding of professional scope of practice; and
- encourage engagement and social responsibility in the community.
Let us Prepare You for Success
Our Mission and Philosophy
The Mission of Nebraska College of Massage Therapy is to provide education in massage therapy that emphasizes clinical, practical and academic excellence through high-quality instruction and the ability for graduates to work in entry-level healthcare and wellness environments. The Philosophy of NCMT is:
- to provide massage education that is recognized as a leader in the field by applicants, graduates, employers and licensed healthcare professionals;
- to inspire students to strive for excellence and to achieve maximum personal potential;
- to nurture a lifelong joy in learning; and
- to inspire the sense of purpose that accompanies compassionate service to the community.
Nebraska Department of Health licensed since 2006.
Nebraska Department of Education authorization to operate a private post secondary school.
MBLEX Students who graduate from NCMT’s program are eligible to take the MBLEX. Successful completion of this examination is required for Nebraska Massage Therapy licensure.
National Certification Exam (NCBTMB) Upon successful completion of NCMT’s Massage Therapist training, our graduates may take the National Certification Examination to gain their massage therapy certification. This voluntary certification exam has been established to measure entry level competence in the field. NCMT’s comprehensive training in massage prepares our graduates for this test.
American Massage Therapy Association NCMT’s massage therapy college adheres to the national standards for Massage Therapists established by the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). The Association was established in 1943 to promote the practice of professional Massage Therapy. AMTA is the largest and most influential organization in the field. NCMT is an approved member of the AMTA Association of Schools.
Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP) is a national membership association that goes above and beyond to make it easier for massage and bodywork practitioners and students to succeed. Founded in 1987, ABMP is the largest massage therapy membership organization in the country. NCMT is a member of ABMP which offers special student benefits.
NCMT may apply for funds from Nebraska Vocational Rehabilitation.
The Mission of Nebraska College of Massage Therapy is to provide education in massage therapy emphasizing clinical, practical and academic excellence allowing graduates to work in entry level healthcare and wellness environments.